Tuesday, November 6, 2012

White Cottage Painted Furniture



White on White Cottage Furniture 
By Kathryn Bangs

This is a piece a shop owner brought over for me to paint.  As a vintage furniture painter
I often get calls from antique and consignment shop to paint pieces that
have not sold. I give them a romantic fresh look.

Many times to save money they paint the base coat.  On this piece the base coat is Ben Moore Linen White. I added the shabby florals and bright white accent color.

I charge a flat hourly art fee 30.00 (If you have seen my you tube Kathryn Bangs you can see how fast I paint)  the art on this piece was about 30 min.  Painted as seen cost shop owner  20.00-25.00

 That way the shop owner can bring me a bunch of pieces and in a short period of time they have a new collection for there shop or website.

Shabby Roses Success Story.
I once painted a vintage vanity for a shop just outside of Boston. This vanity had sat in the shop for months the cost was only $50.00 but still it had no takers. I painted it a beautiful yellow added some white stripe and blue roses. I came out very pretty.
That piece sold within the week for $600.00... Romantic pretty is always in style.

Yes, I am available to paint Shabby Florals on your furniture
Custom orders are always welcomed
Call Kate Bangs  603-505-0937

No comments:

Post a Comment