Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How To Decoupage Vintage Suitcases Train Cases and Luggage



Today, I am sharing a fast and easy How to Decoupage Old Luggage lesson. I have included two pages of my handpainted hydrangeas that you can use to decoupage your old suitcases.
Simple click on the photos to enlarge, save them on your computer and print them as needed for your projects.

To make your own vintage hydrangea luggage, spray prime your piece with Kilz primer.
Paint a soft white. I use Benjamin Moore Linen White paint in an egg shell finish. To add stripes, use brown paper tape that painters use to mask off your stripes. Paint stripes a light blue and then remove tape.

Decoupage hydrangeas and seal with polyurethane.

You're done!

About my sample photos:

Bridal Train Case -  These are rare and hard to find. I believe they cost $15.00 but it was worth every penny. If you plan to sell your vintage suitcase, I have found the train cases are my best sellers. So make sure you have some of these beauties in stock. Many of my customers use these on their weekend trips and cruises

This was a vintage brown leather briefcase I pick up at the Londonderry Flea Market in Londonderry, NH a few years ago. It only cost $1.00. What a great price!
I hand painted the flowers, but you can easily use my decoupage hydrangeas for great results.


You're done!
Visit my website Collage Sheet Girl For More lessons
http://www.collagesheetgirl.com/category_36/Paint-DecoupageTutorials.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment